Sunday, September 19, 2010

New job

I have a new job!! One that is actually relative to the things I want to do with my life. Yours truly just got hired to be a jeweler for Tiffany's.


Lovely photo via purdyartco

Yeah, THAT Tiffany's! I'll go through eight weeks of training starting next week under an excellent and well known jeweler who's name escapes me (I'll be googling him as soon as I get his name again, I'd like to see if he has any work out there in internet land). I'll be mostly buffing jewelry at first but can work my way up to stone setter, then other processes. Great benefits, and best of all great people. Several friends I had jewelry & metals classes with in college have been getting hired also. So basically my eight weeks of training will be like getting paid to take a workshop with friends and other people who are probably also awesome. :) And before long I'll get to say things like "Oh, today I set diamonds in some platinum weddings bands. Another day at the office. *Le sigh* " haha
I'm also glad to be going to eight hours instead of my current ten. It will be worth the extra day I'll have to work because it will give me more time on a day to day basis to get work done in the ceramics studio when I get home. It will take a while to get used to day shift, but a welcomed change.
Also:

Botanic Layers large ceramic table flask

I have my Etsy back up finally, although several things are sold. I have more stuff like that to upload though, and more on the way. :)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! Sounds like you have some fun times ahead. And, love the new pot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Lori!! that's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete